Reasoning Syllabus For OSSSC Panchayat Executive Officer Exam
The OSSSC (Odisha Subordinate Staff Selection Commission) Panchayat Executive Officer (PEO) exam consists of four sections: English Language, Odia Language, General Knowledge, and Mathematics. Here is the detailed reasoning syllabus for the OSSSC PEO Exam:
- Verbal Reasoning:
- Series Completion
- Blood Relations
- Puzzle Test
- Sequential Output Tracing
- Direction Sense Test
- Logical Venn Diagrams
- Alphabet Test
- Number, Ranking and Time Sequence Test
- Mathematical Operations
- Logical Sequence of Words
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Inserting the Missing Character
- Data Sufficiency
- Eligibility Test
- Non-Verbal Reasoning:
- Analytical Reasoning
- Mirror Images
- Water Images
- Spotting Out the Embedded Figures
- Completion of Incomplete Pattern
- Figure Matrix
- Paper Folding
- Paper Cutting
- Rule Detection
- Grouping of Identical Figures
- Cubes and Dice
- Logical Reasoning:
- Statement and Assumption
- Statement and Course of Action
- Statement and Argument
- Cause and Effect Reasoning
- Assertion and Reason
- Statement and Conclusion
- Deriving Conclusions from Passages
- Data Interpretation:
- Pie charts
- Bar graphs
- Line charts
It is important to note that the reasoning section is not separately mentioned in the OSSSC PEO exam syllabus. However, the above topics are commonly included in the reasoning section of many competitive exams and can be helpful for your preparation.
How To Prepare for Reasoning Topic For Competitive Exam
Here are some tips on how to prepare for the reasoning topic for a competitive exam:
- Understand the Exam Pattern: The first step is to understand the exam pattern and syllabus. It will help you know the types of questions asked, the difficulty level of the exam, and the weightage of the reasoning section.
- Know the Concepts: Get familiar with the basic concepts and types of reasoning questions that are commonly asked in competitive exams. It includes verbal reasoning, non-verbal reasoning, logical reasoning, and data interpretation.
- Practice Regularly: Practice regularly with a variety of reasoning questions. It will help you improve your problem-solving skills and increase your speed and accuracy. You can use the previous year’s question papers, online mock tests, and practice books to practice reasoning questions.
- Time Management: Time management is crucial in the reasoning section of a competitive exam. You need to solve the questions quickly and accurately within the given time. Practice time management techniques like skipping difficult questions and coming back to them later, focusing on your strengths, and managing your time well during the exam.
- Analyze Your Performance: Analyze your performance regularly by taking mock tests, identifying your strengths and weaknesses, and working on them. It will help you track your progress and focus on the areas that need improvement.
- Clear Your Doubts: Clear your doubts by discussing with your teachers or fellow students, reading books or online resources, and practicing more questions on the same topic.
- Stay Positive: Keep a positive attitude throughout the preparation journey, stay motivated, and believe in yourself. Celebrate your small successes and work harder for your weaknesses.
Remember, the reasoning is a skill that can be developed with practice and patience.