OSSSC Junior Assistant Exam Syllabus
In this post we share OSSSC Junior Assistant Exam Syllabus That Help to your Upcoming OSSSC Junior Assistant Exam.
|Name Of The Post||Junior Executive Assistant|
|Name Of The Board||OSSC|
|Content||OSSC Junior Executive Assistant Syllabus|
The OSSSC (Odisha Subordinate Staff Selection Commission) conducts the Junior Assistant recruitment exam to fill the vacancies of Junior Assistants in various departments of the Odisha Government. Here are the details of the OSSSC Junior Assistant Exam:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India and a resident of Odisha.
- The candidate must have passed +2 Arts/Science/Commerce or its equivalent examination from a recognized Board/Council/University.
- The candidate should have knowledge of basic computer skills.
- The OSSSC Junior Assistant Exam consists of two parts: Written Test and Practical Skill Test.
- The Written Test consists of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and is conducted for 385 marks.
- There are four sections: Part-I (Language Test in English and Odia), Part-II (General Knowledge), Part-III (Mathematics) and Part-IV (Basic Computer Skills).
- Each section has 40 questions for 1 mark each and Part-IV has 45 questions for 1 mark each.
- The duration of the written test is 4 hours.
- The Practical Skill Test is conducted for 65 marks.
- The candidate’s practical skills in Basic Computer Skills are tested, and the duration of the test is 1 hour.
- The final selection of the candidates is based on the marks obtained in the Written Test and the Practical Skill Test.
- The merit list is prepared based on the combined marks of the Written Test and the Practical Skill Test.
- The selected candidates are called for document verification and then appointed as Junior Assistants in various departments of the Odisha Government.
Here is the detailed syllabus for the OSSSC Junior Assistant Exam:
Part-I: Language Test in English and Odia
- Comprehension of a given passage in English and Odia
- Grammar, vocabulary, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms, and usage of words
Part II: General Knowledge
- Current events and important happenings in the national and international scenario
- History of Odisha and Indian History
- Indian Polity and Governance
- Economic and Social Development
- Environmental Ecology, Biodiversity, and Climate Change
- General Science and Technology
- Art and Culture
- Number System
- Decimal and Fractions
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance
- HCF and LCM
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Data Interpretation
Part-IV: Basic Computer Skills
- Computer Fundamentals
- Windows Operating System
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Internet and Email
- Computer Networking
The Practical Skill Test will evaluate the candidate’s practical skills in Basic Computer Skills, including typing in English and Odia, formatting text, preparing a table, using spreadsheets, and making a presentation.
I hope this helps you prepare well for the OSSSC Junior Assistant Exam!
How to prepare for OSSSC Junior Assistant Exam
Here are some tips to help you prepare for the OSSSC Junior Assistant Exam:
- Understand the Exam Pattern and Syllabus: Go through the exam pattern and syllabus thoroughly and understand the topics that you need to prepare for the exam. This will help you plan your preparation effectively.
- Create a Study Plan: Create a study plan that covers all the topics in the syllabus and allocate time for each topic based on your strengths and weaknesses. Stick to the plan and revise regularly.
- Practice Previous Year Question Papers: Practicing previous year question papers will help you understand the exam pattern, types of questions asked, and also help you identify your strong and weak areas.
- Study Material and Reference Books: Collect good quality study material and reference books to prepare for the exam. Make sure the study material and reference books are recommended by experts or are from reliable sources.
- Time Management: Managing time effectively during the exam is crucial. Practice time management techniques like solving questions quickly, focusing on your strengths, and managing your time well during the exam.
- Online Mock Tests: Practice online mock tests to assess your preparation level and to improve your speed and accuracy.
- Revise Regularly: Revision is an essential part of exam preparation. Revise regularly to ensure you remember what you have learned.
- Stay Motivated: Keep yourself motivated throughout the preparation journey by setting achievable goals and rewarding yourself for achieving them.
I hope these tips help you prepare well for the OSSSC Junior Assistant Exam. All the best!