1. “World Bank” is also called as –
(A) International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
(B) International, rehabilitation and development bank
(C) International rehabilitee and development bank
(D) None of these.
2. World Trade Organization was established in–
(A) 1991 (B) 1995
(C) 1997 (D) 1999
3. WTO was earlier known as–
(A) GATT (B) UNICEI
(C) UNCTAD (D) FAO
4. Which among of the following organization is oldest?
(A) IMF (B) WHO
(C) ILO (D) FAO
5. TRIMs Stands for–
(A) Trade Related Industrial Measures.
(B) Trade Related Innovation Measures.
(C) Trade Related Investment Measures.
(D) Trade Related information Measures.
6. FAO means–
(A) Fiber and Agricultural Organization
(B) Factory Evaluation Organization
(C) Free arbitration organization
(D) Food and Agriculture Organization
7. GEF stands for–
(A) Global Environment Fund.
(B) Global Economic Fund.
(C) Global Education Fund.
(D) Global Energy Fund.
8. Which of the following is related to South-South debate?
(A) Cooperation between developing countries
(B) Defence Organisation
(C) Sitting between developed & developing countries
(D) All of the above.
9. IMF was established to meet which of the following objectives?
(i) Promoting International Monetary Cooperation
(ii) Expending International Trade
(iii)Lessening the inequlibrium in trade
(iv)Avoiding competitive exchange depreciations.
(A) i,ii,iii (B) i, iii, iv
(C) ii, iv (D) i, ii, iii, iv
10. The capital of IMF is made up by the contribution of–
(B) Deficit Financing
(C) Member Nations
11. Which of these contries in not a permanent member of United Nations Security Council?
(C) United States
12. Special Drawing Rights were created by-
(A) IBRD (B) ADB
(C) IMF (D) WTO
13. The five permanent members of the UN security council are-
(A) USA, China, France, Russia and Canada
(B) China, France, Russia, UK and USA
(C) Japan, Germany, Russia, UK and USA
(D) Germany, China, USA. Russia and UK
14. The BRICS New Development Bank (NDB) is headquartered at-
(A) Shanghai (B) New Delhi
(C) Brasilia (D) Moscow
15. Human Development Index is prepared by-
(A) UNDP (B) WTO
(C) IMF (D) WHO
16. G-20 is the Group of Twenty largest economies represented by their-
(A) Prime Ministers only
(B) Finance Ministers only
(C) Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors
(D) Heads of States
17. Which one of the following countries is not a member of the “BRICS” group?
(A) Brazil (B) Russia
(C) China (D) Indonesia
18. “World Economic Outlook” report is published by which of the following?
(A) IMF (B) World Bank
(C) RBI (D) UNCTAD
19. The BRICS New Development Bank (NDB) has been set up for-
(A) Funding infrastructure projects in emerging economics for sustainable development
(B) Funding non infrastructure projects in emerging economics for sustainable development
(C) Funding infrastructural projects in developed countries
(D) Funding infrastructural projects in BRICS countries only
20. What does IMF stand for?
(A) International Monetary Fund
(B) Indian Money Fund
(C) International Machine Federation
(D) Institute of Monetary Finance